What do you mean by chucklesome?Asked by: Rebekah Cronin
Score: 4.9/5 (21 votes)
1. To laugh quietly or to oneself. 2. ... A quiet laugh of mild amusement or satisfaction. [ Probably frequentative of chuck.]View full answer
Subsequently, question is, What does word derisory mean?
1 : expressing derision : derisive. 2 : worthy of derision especially : laughably small land could be bought for a derisory sum.
In this manner, What is a mild?. 1 : gentle in nature or behavior has a mild disposition. 2a(1) : moderate in action or effect a mild sedative. (2) : not sharp, spicy, or bitter mild cheese mild ale. b : not being or involving what is extreme an analysis under mild conditions.
Just so, What does Lauable mean?
: of a kind to provoke laughter or sometimes derision : amusingly ridiculous.
What is meant by unwholesome condition?
1 : detrimental to physical, mental, or moral well-being : unhealthy unwholesome food unwholesome pastimes. 2a : corrupt, unsound shady unwholesome dealings. b : offensive to the senses : loathsome the unwholesome stench.
: marked by or arousing an immoderate or unwholesome interest or desire especially : marked by, arousing, or appealing to sexual desire.
1a : an outline, feature, or contour of a body or figure and especially of a face —usually used in plural. b : a linear topographic feature (as of the earth) that reveals a characteristic (such as a fault or the subsurface structure)
Someone who is light-hearted is cheerful and happy. They were light-hearted and prepared to enjoy life. Something that is light-hearted is intended to be entertaining or amusing, and not at all serious.
1 : free from care, anxiety, or seriousness : happy-go-lucky a lighthearted mood. 2 : cheerfully optimistic and hopeful : easygoing they can be lighthearted in the midst of misery— H. J. Forman. Other Words from lighthearted Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About lighthearted.
- He found it laughable that the living invented so many myths to create a false sense of security regarding the dark predators. ...
- Be forewarned, while some of these tats are laughable because of their themes, some are also offensive as well as bad examples of ink work.
Mild ale is a type of ale, with a predominantly malty palate. Modern mild ales are mainly dark-coloured with an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 3% to 3.6%, although there are lighter-hued examples as well as stronger examples reaching 6% abv and higher. ... The Campaign for Real Ale has designated May as Mild Month.
Scientists defined “mild” weather as temperatures between 64 and 86 degrees F, with less than a half inch of rain and dew points below 68 degrees F, indicative of low humidity.
In English, salsa, hot sauce, or other spicy foods are often classified as either mild (not very spicy), medium (moderately spicy), or hot (very spicy).
proud, arrogant, haughty, lordly, insolent, overbearing, supercilious, disdainful mean showing scorn for inferiors.
1 : biting and caustic in thought, manner, or style : incisive a mordant wit. 2 : acting as a mordant (as in dyeing)
The adjective derisory means so absurd that it makes you laugh, like your friend's derisory offer to buy your valuable baseball card collection for a dollar.
: having or showing a sympathetic nature.
: free from care: such as. a : having no worries or troubles spent a carefree day at the lake. b : irresponsible is carefree with his money.
Maybe even a little foolish. But the truth is, a dose of lightheartedness can provide a protective shield against the slings and arrows of everyday life. At its best, lightheartedness might even provide a wise path to enlightenment, peace and contentment.
OPPOSITES FOR lighthearted
cheerless, melancholy, gloomy.
cheerful. cheery. graceful.
- Smile to become instantly more likeable, attractive and approachable. ...
- Laugh whenever possible. ...
- Feel. ...
- Let Go of trying to exert power over others. ...
- Acknowledge your Humanness or you will waste energy trying to be perfect. ...
- In-joy Yourself as you only get one free supply of your life.
: to defeat and gain control of (someone or something) by the use of force : to conquer and gain the obedience of (a group of people, a country, etc.)
- Break 'lineament' down into sounds: [LIN] + [EE] + [UH] + [MUHNT] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying 'lineament' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
: a club of women specifically : a women's student organization formed chiefly for social purposes and having a name consisting of Greek letters.